A Way With Words

If a picture is worth a thousand words does it follow that it takes a thousand words to make a picture? Not if the words are used in kinetic typography, the art of combining typography with motion. It's one of those things that is easier to see than have explained, so here is a scene from Fight Club done only with type and audio.



If your tastes run more to comedy, Abbott and Costello's famous Who's On First routine is another great example.



I'm enough of a typography geek that I have a favourite font (Palintino) so I think these videos are amazing. Always Watching has a great collection of some of the best of kinetic typography, which I found through a Neatorama link. (Small aside, Neatorama's link to my Last Supper collection caused an avalanche of visitors and links.) You can check YouTube for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Google+