Are You Ready For Some Football?

I finally get football. I don’t mean I understand how the game is played – I don’t – or its appeal, but I think I know have some insight into the mindset of the fans thanks to Steve Murray’s comic strip, excerpted above.

Murray, an illustrator for the National Post, is drawing his impressions of the week-long hoopla leading up to the Grey cup – the championship game for the Canadian Football League – taking place in Toronto this week. The CFL is our version of the NFL, and there is some difference in the game. What that is, exactly, is lost on me.

Anyway, you can comics one, two and three here.

1 comment:

  1. This actually goes to show that stereotypes aren't always what they seem. Of the various nerds I have known (fellows who have never kissed a girl, are awkward in social situations, et. al.), more of them have been sports fans than comic book fans...

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+