It's Not Easy Being Green

“Soon after the death of Jim Henson, Kermit the Frog turned to a life full of drugs, alcohol and sex. His fall to rock bottom was quick and unrelenting.” This is the opening on the site sadkermit.com, which documents our favourite frog’s downward spiral. What led me there was Kermie’s gut wrenching cover of Hurt, which is almost too painful to watch. Is it a cover of the original Nine Inch Nails song or of Johnny Cash’s brilliant version? I think Kermit draws from both and makes the song his own. If this is what’s happened to our little felt friend, he has gone to a very dark place.


After emerging from the depths of Kermit’s pain I needed to get the image of what he was doing to Rowlf out of my mind and decided to go looking for some more Muppet mashups. After taking the red pill I came across the Muppet Matrix, a computer animated version of the Matrix trailer, using an all-Muppet cast. Kermit is Neo, Rowlf is Morpheus, Miss Piggy is Trinity and Gonzo is Smith. Great stuff and it’s well worth waiting for the ending.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa. That video of Kermit's cover of
    "Hurt" is just scary...

    The Matrix/Muppet mashup was funny, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah. This is an awesome video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I'm not sure which one I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi i would like to exchange my link with you if you are intersted in link exchange than email me on:-
    bagde.hotlines@gmail.com
    my blog url is :-
    http://hollywood-premier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+