Damn Popularity Contests!

The 2006 Weblog Awards Just days after I was soundly trounced for the Best Entertainment Blog at the Canadian Blog Awards (ok, I came in second by 16 votes, but that doesn’t sound as dramatic), I have discovered I am a finalist in the 2006 Weblog Awards. It seems somebody really does like me.

The category isn’t quite as prestigious: Best of the Rest of the Blogs (8751+). The number is based on The Truth Laid Bear Ecosystem blog ranking system, so that blogs of similar size can compete on a level playing field. There were over 80 nominations narrowed down to 10 finalists, so I’m happy for the recognition and any new visitors who come by because of it.

If you feel so compelled, please do vote for me – voting begins sometime Thursday and you can vote daily for the following 10 days. But I won’t be harassing everyone to do so this time around. I’m just not up for a second intensive campaign and I think people may start blocking my emails. Anyway, my friend and fellow blogger Amber Mac is up for Best Canadian Blog, so make sure to check off her name as well.

Best of luck to all.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the nomination! Going over now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got my vote! Congrats on a fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you all for the votes - I do what I can and am glad you all like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll get my vote again!!!...damn about the other contest >.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rappy - should you ever need my vote, for a blog award or public office, you've got it.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Google+